Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC) was established to focus public attention on emerging privacy and civil liberties issues and to protect privacy.
EPIC invites outstanding applications for the 2022 EPIC Law Fellowship. EPIC encourages applications from law students graduating in 2022, recent graduates, and judicial clerks.
The EPIC Law Fellow will fill an integral role in EPIC’s Washington, DC office. The Fellow will work on various EPIC Projects in areas such as Administrative Law, Appellate Advocacy, Consumer Privacy, International Privacy, Open Government, and State Policy. Creative, highly motivated, and accomplished law school graduates are encouraged to apply.
The EPIC Law Fellowship is a one-year position to begin September 2022, with the possibility of renewal for a second year.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Undertake legal research
- Draft complaints, petitions, briefs, and testimony
- Pursue Freedom of Information Act requests and identify appellate amicus opportunities
- Prepare posts for EPIC website and EPIC Alert
- Participate in legal strategy sessions and coalition meetings
- Provide support and assistance to EPIC staff and EPIC advisory board
The EPIC Law Fellow will receive an annual salary of $60,000. EPIC provides all employees with a comprehensive benefits package.
EPIC would also be pleased to serve as a host organization for recent law graduates that have obtained funding from their law schools. EPIC is happy to work with applicants to obtain funding from their respective law schools or foundations.
How to Apply
Applicants should prepare a cover letter, resume, unofficial law school transcript, and writing sample. The writing sample should be legal in nature (brief, memorandum, or research paper) and should be the applicant’s own work, not a collaborative piece or something heavily edited by someone else. Please send the complete document, not an excerpt.
Letters of recommendation are welcome and encouraged, not to exceed more than two. Applications to be submitted via email should be sent to [email protected] with the subject line “EPIC Law Fellowship.”
Please direct cover letters to Jeramie Scott, EPIC Senior Counsel. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- J.D. before September 2022;
- Exceptional academic background;
- Outstanding research, writing, and analytic skills;
- Passionate commitment to public interest law;
- Deep interest in EPIC’s subject areas.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team environment
- Journal experience, such as law review, preferred but not required
- Masters degree in computer science or related field preferred but not required
- Judicial clerkship preferred but not required.
To apply for this job please visit epic.org.