Website Access Partnership
Do you have experience in software engineering and an interest in global internet and technology policy? We are looking for a full stack engineer to help us develop requirements and build a database of global government policies. In the course of this work, you will:
- Collaborate with us to define business and technical requirements, including features such as a data export tool.
- Select a database system to use and model the data schema.
- Develop a data processing pipeline to collect and extract information from various government sources (requires knowledge of NLP methodologies).
- Develop systems to maintain data integrity and consistency.
- Build client-facing APIs (REST/GraphQL) to interact with the database.
- Build cross-platform (Web, iOS, Android) client applications (ReactJS/React Native preferred).
- Develop systems to extract information from large, multiparametric data sets.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and remedy performance bottlenecks in the application.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in software engineering, computer science, or related field.
- Professional experience working with software design, software development life cycle, and development methodologies and implementation.
- Works independently and collaborates with team members to ensure successful delivery of projects.
Interested in learning new technologies and keeps up with both traditional and emerging best practices.
- Working knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases (experience with graph database systems is a plus).
- Working knowledge of data processing tools (i.e., Apache Spark, Apache Hadoop).
- Basic knowledge of microservice methodologies (i.e., Docker, Kubernetes).
- Experience with test-driven development (TDD) and quality assurance (QA) principles (unit, integration, E2E testing).
- Experience working with cloud environments (i.e., AWS/GCP/Azure).
Apply on our website here.
To apply for this job please visit careers.accesspartnership.com.