Powering Performance Marketplaces in Digital Media
QuinStreet is a pioneer in powering decentralized online marketplaces that match searchers and “research and compare” consumers with brands. We run these virtual- and private-label marketplaces in one of the nation’s largest media networks.
Our industry leading segmentation and AI-driven matching technologies help consumers find better solutions and brands faster. They allow brands to target and reach in-market customer prospects with pinpoint segment-by-segment accuracy, and to pay only for performance results.
Our campaign-results-driven matching decision engines and optimization algorithms are built from over 20 years and billions of dollars of online media experience.
We believe in:
- The direct measurability of digital media.
- Performance marketing. (We pioneered it.)
- The advantages of technology.
We bring all this together to deliver truly great results for consumers and brands in the world’s biggest channel.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: As a company, we’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and will continue to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
The Associate Corporate Counsel will be a key member of our in-house legal team and have the opportunity to work on a large variety of legal matters including contracts, corporate securities, privacy and data security, commercial agreements, IP, corporate governance and litigation. In this role, you will work closely with our General Counsel, as well as various business unit leaders to provide guidance to internal customers on balancing business and legal risks. (This is a generalist position; we all wear many hats, and are looking for legal colleagues who do (or could) enjoy same.
- Review, negotiate and draft a wide range of commercial agreements, including marketing and advertising agreements, licensing agreements, data provider and processing agreements, and purchase, sale and transition (M&A) agreements.
- Assist in the corporate development process, including M&A and joint venture activities.
- Assist with corporate and securities filings, and Board of Directors communications.
- Board exposure will develop commensurate with experience; junior team members typically rotate through Board and Committee assignments.
- Develop, improve and maintain playbooks and wikis for contract, content and compliance domains (e.g., advertising law, data privacy).
- Develop subject matter expertise and help educate business clients on key regulatory requirements.
- Exposure to public policy makers and issues will develop commensurate with experience..
- Manage IP and litigation matters.
- Sense of humor required; self-knowledge helpful
- JD and member in good standing of CA (or other) bar
- 3-5+ years of relevant legal experience (or astounding ability to learn)
- Bonus points:
- Experience drafting/negotiating commercial contracts involving consumer data
- Awareness of consumer data privacy/security best practices
- Ability to work remotely without active supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in working with all levels of company personnel and across all company functions
- Ability to QA your own work in areas you already understand
QuinStreet is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit www.quinstreet.com.