TSPA supports the global community of professionals, including content moderation professionals, who develop and enforce policies that define acceptable content and behavior online.
TSPA/TSF seeking Associate Director
The Trust & Safety Professional Association (TSPA) is a 501(c)(6) organization that supports the global community of professionals, including content moderation professionals, who develop and enforce policies that define acceptable content and behavior online.
Being a part of the TSPA team gives you the opportunity to create and shape the organization that will enable trust and safety practitioners to navigate and overcome professional challenges, supporting them as they continue doing critically important work for the health of the Internet and society at large.
About the role
The Associate Director is a senior staff member on the TSPA team. Reporting to the Founding Executive Director, the Associate Director is responsible for the strategy and implementation of program operations, including fundraising and growth. The Associate Director is also responsible for identifying and addressing new initiatives and needs as they arise.
The Associate Director will also support the aligned Trust & Safety Foundation (TSF). The foundation is committed to improving society’s understanding of trust and safety. The exact time split between the two organizations will develop over time.
As the Founding Executive Director’s first hire, you will be key to getting TSPA’s programs off the ground, and executing its strategy in order to develop its place in the world as the foremost professional association for the trust and safety community. You have the opportunity to shape the organization and its culture. This is a unique opportunity to build a new organization and shape how it positively contributes to the world.
- Actively engage advisors, funders, and other partners to strengthen and maintain commitment for the organization’s mission and values
- Incorporate TSPA/TSF core values into all programs and activities
- Work with the Executive Director to track and report on TSPA/TSF projects in order to accurately communicate the health of community programs and initiatives
- Partner with the Executive Director to design and fulfill TSPA’s annual roadmaps, including quarterly and annual goals, with a focus on scaled relationship management and cohesive program rollout
- Maintain and deepen existing relationships with supporting companies/organizations/individual members in order to sustain long-term partnerships
- Develop new relationships with companies/organizations/individual professionals in order to design and expand TSPA/TSF offerings
- Develop the strategy for and run cohesive programs and initiatives that grow the trust and safety community
- Experience in online trust and safety or related fields, with a track record successfully managing multi-stakeholder relationships
- Proven experience in leading people and teams towards successful completion of goals and projects. Experience with volunteer management is a plus
- Experience in setting and achieving strategic goals, designing, managing, and scaling projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate confidently and persuasively with experts across multiple disciplines and backgrounds
- Ability to incorporate input from complex stakeholders and personalities in a collaborative and personable manner.
- Data-driven, adaptable, and collaborative, with a bias to execution with integrity
- Self-starter with ability to wear multiple hats and work to develop structure around ambiguous new programs
Preference will be given to candidates in the United States
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org