Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: San Francisco, CA, USA; Mountain View, CA, USA; Washington, DC, USA
- JD degree or equivalent experience.
- 3 years of attorney experience in litigation.
- Admitted to the bar where the role is located and in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law (e.g., have registered in-house status).
- Broad litigation experience, including but not limited to examining and defending witnesses, oral argument, and trial experience.
- Experience with antitrust litigation and disputes.
- Experience with shareholder litigation and disputes.
- Expertise with privacy litigation and disputes, including privacy class actions and federal and California state privacy claims.
- Knowledge of Google products and the broader technology industry.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and excellent interpersonal, leadership and management skills.
About the job
As Associate Litigation Counsel at Google, you work on the most exciting legal issues as disruptive technological innovations require creative and proactive legal guidance. You’re part of a whip-smart group of in-house lawyers and the projects and cases you take on challenge you to think big and differently. You are collaborative — ready to partner in initiatives that influence all aspects of the business and work with Googlers from all over the company. As an integrated part of the team, you proactively assess legal risks and advise on products that will not only move information into the 21st century, but move information law forward as well.
We protect Google’s freedom to operate by fighting and winning litigation disputes around the world.
The Litigation Team at Google is dedicated to advising Google on a wide variety of complex legal matters that pose litigation risk to our products and businesses around the world. We specialize in giving legal advice about litigation risks, and coming up with creative ways to mitigate and eliminate those risks. We also strive to think proactively, and advance Google’s position and interests with respect to legal policy based on litigation risks that we anticipate.
20th century laws don’t always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for handling some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you’re a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you take on unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
- Manage all aspects of litigation disputes, and advise pre-litigation disputes.
- Work closely with various legal, product, engineering and business team members to provide counseling on litigation disputes.
- Partner with outside counsel to take an active role in litigation disputes.
- Collaborate with other external in-house counsel and legal organizations on litigation and policy matters.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.