AWS is the world's most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform, offering over 200 fully featured services from data centers globally.
Job ID: 1273927 | Amazon.com Services LLC
Work hard and make history with Amazon Web Services (AWS) Public Policy. The Manager, AWS Public Policy – Cybersecurity and Data Protection Policy, will join a growing, dynamic team and be able to immediately and directly enhance AWS’s advocacy on cybersecurity and data protection issues in support of our cloud computing business. Like our business interests, our policy issues are broad, forward-thinking, and driven by what is best for our customers.
The Manager will be a key position that will create, execute, and manage a range of security policy issues directly impacting AWS across the Americas, to include the cybersecurity requirements and the convergence with data protection, data sovereignty, and privacy. Reporting to the Senior Manager, AWS Public Policy, Cybersecurity Policy – Americas and other internal stakeholder and business partners, the Manager will manage and represent AWS positions on key cybersecurity and data protection issues to key policy and decision makers across the Americas. The Manager will work collaboratively and transparently with AWS security, business, and legal units to ensure alignment between AWS priorities and public policy goals. The Manager will ensure there is alignment with Amazon cybersecurity policy strategies, working collaboratively with the Amazon Corporate Public Policy team.
Some travel may be required.
The position is based in Washington, DC.
Focus and Deliverables:
· Work collaboratively and transparently with the AWS Public Policy, Americas and Amazon Corporate Public Policy teams to ensure alignment between core business priorities and public policy goals.
· Anticipate challenges/obstacles our business could face as the public policy landscape evolves.
· Ensure policymaker (with a focus on cybersecurity) awareness of AWS’s business model. Effect change and drive policymaking that benefits our customers.
· Manage and coordinate AWS’s advocacy efforts to key government and legislative cyber and data protection working groups, councils, and committees.
· Coordinate AWS Public Policy objectives with broader Amazon policy objectives
· Bachelor’s degree required; JD preferred.
· 8+ years of experience with the legislative and regulatory policy process and the technology industry.
· 8+ years of experience dealing with data protection, data sovereignty issues in the Americas.
· 8+ years of experience in advocacy and using spoken and written rhetoric to persuade and inform; the ability to demonstrate their experience through previous work within legislative bodies, companies, consultancies, trade associations, the government, think tanks, or equivalent organizations.
· Highly effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills; demonstrated ability to effectively and comfortably interact at all corporate and political levels. Ability to create factual, relevant and easily understandable talking points and other messaging, and able to persuasively deliver it to relevant audiences. Ability to deliver a point intelligently, concisely, and in a friendly way.
· Ability to research and analyze cyber, data protection legislation and policy.
· Develop/Maintain strong relationships with key policy and decision makers who focus on cybersecurity/data protection issues.
· Maintain highest personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality, and integrity, with strongest professional reputation in the industry.
· Self-starter who can take general direction and produce specific results.
· Ability to identify and understand key technical aspect pertaining to corporate operation in legislative and regulatory proposal, understand business implications, and synthesize policy documents for internal and external customers. Think critically, process data from multiple sources, forecast potential scenarios, prioritize based on probability and desired outcome, and recommend a best course of action.
· Expert ability to influence, negotiate with, and persuade others. Flexible and able to demonstrate strong judgment/decision-making skills, and political acumen. Exhibits agility and confidence in evolving situations and is able to swiftly transition from topic to topic. Able to intelligently build a course of action, analyze trade-offs, and make recommendations even in ambiguous situations.
· Can manage a diverse workload, while managing a fast paced and highly effective team of consultants in driving objectives.
· Strong program management and organizational skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.