Website Center for AI Policy
Policy & advocacy to mitigate catastrophic risks from future AI
About the role
We are looking for a Communications Director with experience in media, public relations, communications, lobbying, and/or advocacy.
As a Communications Director, you would work with the founder and other core team members to refine and implement our communications strategy. You would have the opportunity to build and manage relationships with journalists, Congressional offices, and other relevant stakeholders. You would also build and refine our communication strategy, write and edit memos, take meetings, and find additional ways to help us raise awareness about AI safety.
We are currently hiring for full-time and part-time roles.
The annual salary range for this role is $80,000 – $120,000, depending on experience.
The ideal candidate would have:
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- can understand complicated ideas, then communicate the ideas to outsiders clearly, succinctly, and compellingly
- can engage with journalists
- can develop a communication strategy
- can understand and work with a diverse set of stakeholders