We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
We are looking for a passionate and driven individual to join our Community Operations team. Working for both the Badoo and Bumble brands and reporting to the Head of Community Operations, the Content Policy Lead will be responsible for creating and implementing new policies to make sure that our community can enjoy our platforms safely.
- Act as the custodian of our member content guidelines for both brands. Responsible for ongoing evolution of the policies in line with member sentiment and brand direction
- Regularly monitor member feedback and market trends to proactively identify occasions for guideline updates. Draft proposed revisions and manage the internal process flow to engage the right subject matter experts (internal and external) and stakeholder to refine, gain approval and implement in a timely and efficient manner
- Identify safety risks and draft policies to effectively address them
- Analyse existing policies and procedures and reconcile any gaps, inconsistencies, or conflicts, to ensure a comprehensive, holistic, and global framework
- Conduct research and manage policy development projects. Responsibilities would include research, work planning, data collection, and analysis
- Craft and launch timely and relevant content moderation policies, providing enforcement guidance and ensuring regional considerations are factored into policy plans
- Engage with external stakeholders and experts as necessary to ensure content moderation policies meet or exceed industry standards and reflect best practices
- Cultivate partnerships and collaborate cross-functionally with Public Policy, Communications and Integrity Service teams across the company to ensure we benefit from each other’s strengths, keep others informed, and eliminate surprises
- Provide guidance on complex, high-visibility cases, adapting and realigning priorities in response to emergent crises
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Policy, Law, Behavioural sciences or related field
- 5+ years of direct experience in policy, policy enforcement, or public policy, specifically regarding content moderation, privacy, online safety, or similar T&S fields
- Experience working in the Trust and Safety industry for tech companies
- Excellent oral and written skills in English
- Experience working with quantitative and qualitative data, including research findings, to support recommendations
- You have strong analytical reasoning, execution, and project management skills
- You are a strategic problem solver and valued collaborator
- You are flexible, self-motivated, dedicated, and hard-working
- You have the ability to multitask and manage competing priorities without getting overwhelmed
- You have a positive approach together with a willingness to learn.
- You are enthusiastic and fun to work with
- You are deeply passionate about Bumble’s brand vision and values
With over 600 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
* Flexible working hours
* Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
* ‘Random Coffee’ – connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
* ‘First Fridays’ – meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
* Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
* Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
* You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About Bumble: Bumble is the parent company that operates Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s largest dating and connection apps with millions of users globally. The Bumble app was founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014. Bumble is majority-owned by Blackstone and has over 600 employees in offices in Austin, London, and Moscow.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.