Database Project Manager, Portulans Institute
The Portulans Institute (PI) is an independent, non-profit, non-partisan think tank based in Washington DC. Founded in 2019, PI aims to develop cross-community knowledge and dialogue on how people, technology and innovation contribute to sustainable and innovative growth, and inform policy-makers by producing independent, rigorous metrics and data based research. PI also collaborates with private sector leaders to drive a business agenda that invests in people, technology and innovation for a prosperous and common future. We are seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated Database Project Manager to join our team!
This position is a unique opportunity to play a key role at PI. As a Database Project Manager, you will assist in the management and development of the Portulans Data Platform, which houses data from our Indices as well as external sources.
Compensation: Negotiable based on experience.
Location: Remote for the foreseeable future.
Status: Position is Part-time
Reports to: Leadership.
- Project Management: Various tasks related to planning and overseeing the Data Platform project including troubleshooting issues, monitoring progress, coordinating communication between the Data Platform team and PI, and reporting out to the Leadership team.
- Data Analysis: Collecting, evaluating and processing incoming data from a variety of sources to ensure quality and accuracy. Contributing to the methodological development and implementation of composite indicators.
- Performing other relevant duties as requested.
- U.S. Work permit required for U.S. based candidates. Candidates from foreign locations are also encouraged to apply.
- Master’s student or PhD Candidate or recent graduate in data science, statistics, computer science or related field, with developed quantitative and analytical skills
- At least 3 years of experience with research, production, and development of data.
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English
- High level of proficiency in advanced functions of Excel, including VLOOKUP functionality
- Strong understanding of the back-end operations of databases, with the ability to troubleshoot ongoing problems.
- Experience in composite indicator development and data analytics.
- Digital marketing experience is a plus.
- Highly motivated, collaborative and flexible team player with strong organizational and project management skills.
Closing Date: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Please email your CV, a short cover letter (300 words) and a work or project sample to [email protected] with the subject line “Database Project Manager Application [last name]”. In your cover letter, please include information about your availability (hours/weekdays). We will be in touch if your skills and experience are a match for PI.
Learn more at portulansinstitute.org/
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org