LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume—we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
That’s where you come in: Join us in changing the way the world works as Director of Intellectual Property. Based in our Sunnyvale office, you will oversee the global IP portfolios and strategy for LinkedIn and manage the company’s intellectual property team. You’ll be responsible for leading the team’s efforts in preparing U.S. and foreign patent, trademark, and copyright filings, and protecting our intellectual property rights around the globe. Best of all, you’ll join a fast-paced, well-rounded, collaborative Legal & Public Policy Team that values diversity, humor, and teamwork.
- Build, maintain, and optimize LinkedIn’s IP portfolios (patent, trademark, copyright) to ensure freedom to operate and promote our innovation-focused talent brand.
- Manage our patent strategy, program, and operations, including harvesting, disclosure meetings, prosecution, portfolio management, and inventor awards.
- Oversee our trademark program and strategy, and protect LinkedIn’s brand by identifying, addressing, and resolving infringing activity.
- Lead a team of skilled in-house IP professionals, and develop them for growth and success.
- Provide practical, business-focused legal advice to key stakeholders on intellectual property laws, developments, and rights worldwide.
- Build and leverage strong business relationships with key leaders to enhance IP portfolios and protections.
- Collaborate cross-functionally within LinkedIn’s Legal & Public Policy Team to advise and assist on IP-related matters.
- Engage with outside counsel and vendors to ensure the delivery of practical, responsive, efficient, and expert IP legal services.
- Manage budget effectively and efficiently.
- Participate in and lead cross-functional projects and initiatives for the Legal & Public Policy Team and community.
- Play an active role in fulfilling LinkedIn’s mission of connecting the world’s professionals to make them more productive and successful by being an integral member of our fast-paced, well-rounded, collaborative (and fun!) Legal & Public Policy Team.
- 12+ years of patent and intellectual property law experience
- Experience working in an in-house legal department
- Experience managing attorneys and legal professionals
- J.D. and admission to the California Bar or the ability to practice in-house in California
- Admission to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Domain expertise and experience handling a broad range of intellectual property matters at a technology company
- A track record of developing attorneys and legal professionals for success
- Experience overseeing the work of outside counsel and vendors, and effectively managing to budget
- Ability to balance competing priorities and deftly navigate through rapidly changing, fast-paced environments
- Ability to quickly identify, understand, and resolve legal and business issues
- Ability to deliver clear and concise advice and direction
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams, make and communicate difficult decisions, and inspire excellence in others
- Excellent judgment and analytical abilities, impeccable integrity, and a good sense of humor
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.