Technology's Progressive Future. Making sure all Americans benefit from technological leaps. Not just another business group.
Chamber of Progress, a center-left tech industry association devoted to technology’s progressive future, is seeking a Federal Public Policy Fellow for a nine-month term, beginning on or around January 2022.
- Advance the organization’s advocacy work on competition policy, data privacy, online speech and content moderation, and Internet marketplaces
- Write letters, blog posts, statements, and testimony.
- Support social media rapid response on regulatory news.
- Support and directly engage with Administration officials, Members of Congress, and their staff on the organization’s policy agenda.
- Support and build political relationships with federal officials.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience
- Aggressive mindset and bias toward action
- Experience in Democratic politics or progressive causes
- Familiarity with tech policy
- Outstanding writing abilities: Must be a creative, succinct, and fast writer
- Remote work option available
- $6,000 monthly; Nine-month term
- This role is an independent contracting position that does not include benefits
About Chamber of Progress
Chamber of Progress (progresschamber.org) is a new center-left tech policy industry coalition working to help usher in a progressive high-tech future and ensure that all Americans benefit from technological leaps.
We’re not just another business group. Everyone knows that a local “chamber of commerce” promotes business and free markets. We’re an industry group, but instead of focusing on commerce, Chamber of Progress is promoting a progressive high-tech society, economy, workforce, and consumer climate.
Chamber of Progress supports public policies promoting:
– Economic progress, including combatting income inequality; promoting a bigger, modern social safety net; encouraging progressive taxation; and supporting reliable, win-win online marketplaces;
– Social progress, including promoting inclusive democracy; supporting bold action against climate change; promoting digital opportunity for all; and advocating for healthy and equitable online communities.
– Consumer progress, including promoting the principle that tech should always serve consumers’ interests; “building back better” by investing in communities and regulated innovation; increasing access to goods and information; and balancing consumer and worker concerns.
Chamber of Progress is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion.
Chamber of Progress is supported by our corporate partners, but our partners do not sit on our board of directors and do not have a vote on or veto over our positions. We do not speak for individual partner companies and remain true to our stated principles even when our partners disagree.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.