Website Information Technology and Innovation Foundation (ITIF)
The Information Technology and Innovation Foundation (ITIF), the world’s top ranked science and technology policy think tank, is seeking a policy analyst to manage its AR/VR research workstream. The ideal applicant should have a demonstrated interest in emerging technologies and public policy, as well as exceptional written and oral communication skills. Individuals with a strong interest in immersive technologies and related policy issues including privacy and data stewardship, safety and security, and public sector innovation, as well as how AR/VR and related technologies can impact equity and economic opportunity, are strongly encouraged to apply. This position will report to the vice president of ITIF.
- Write research reports, op-eds, and regulatory filings and formulate positions on emerging policy issues.
- Organize public events, submit proposals for external conferences, and represent ITIF in public and private events, roundtables, and working groups.
- Attend and summarize relevant hearings and events and track legislation and regulations.
- Support strategic planning for the ongoing development of the AR/VR research project, including identifying research priorities, key stakeholders, and potential partners.
- Graduate degree (or equivalent experience) in public policy, economics, political science, statistics, information science, computer science, or a related field.
- Demonstrated interest in technology and public policy; experience with or knowledge of immersive technologies or related policy issues preferred.
- Experience with project management and stakeholder engagement.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent research, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Proactive and flexible, with an ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
Salary and benefits:
Competitive salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience, and includes a health benefits package, generous paid vacation, annual performance-based bonus, and public transportation benefit.
To apply for this position, please submit the following to [email protected]:
- Cover letter stating your specific interest and qualifications for the position (1 page, max). Resumes submitted without a tailored cover letter will not be considered;
- Resume (1 page, max); and
- Writing sample, preferably on a topic related to tech policy (2-3 pages max).
Applications will be considered until the position is filled (last updated November 16, 2021).
To apply for this job please visit itif.org.