The National Security Institute aims to be the intellectual powerhouse supporting a robust American national security posture—dedicated to incorporating a realistic assessment of the threats facing the United States and finding real-world answers to hard national security questions- and we also strive to educate the next generation of leaders.
NSI is looking for a Public Policy Manager who will be responsible for successfully supporting NSI’s policy missions, including engaging with policymakers, national security and foreign policy experts, and members of the media and public.
- Build relationships with federal elected officials and executive branch officials, associations, industry partners, nonprofits, and other third-parties to promote and build support for NSI’s mission and policy expertise, through both regular in person and virtual meetings and engagements;
- Represent NSI before Congressional and executive branch officials and staff;
- Create, develop, and disseminate information and materials to policymaking and public audiences, as well as manage the development and execution of programs, briefings, and events that advance NSI’s mission;
- Review and analyze regulations, legislation, laws, and public policy for updates, including tracking legislative and congressional developments that impact NSI’s mission;
- Lead and coordinate NSI policy priorities, including developing expert written materials and associated whiteboarding sessions, policy conferences, and other policy-focused programming;
- Assist with research, writing, and publishing NSI research and advocacy papers and other written materials;
- Manage program and project budgets and coordinate other necessary administrative support;
- Interact with NSI leadership and staff, as well as media, general public, and government officials to plan and coordinate activities;
Manage activities related to NSI’s website and social media accounts; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Apply here: https://jobs.gmu.edu/postings/54840
To apply for this job please visit jobs.gmu.edu.