Inspired by our belief that anyone can learn anything and powered by our own curiosity, we build the smartest tools we can imagine to help students learn.
Quizlet is the popular, global learning platform and app that millions of students, teachers and everyday people use to study any subject imaginable for school, work or as part of their personal interests — including two-thirds of high school students and half of all college students in the US. Combining cognitive science and machine learning, Quizlet guides students through adaptive study activities to confidently reach their learning goals. We’re on track to become the undisputed leader in user-generated learning content and engagement, at the scale of YouTube.
Valued at $1 billion, Quizlet has raised over $60 million in venture capital from investors including Icon Ventures, Union Square Ventures, General Atlantic, Costanoa Ventures, Owl Ventures, and Altos Ventures.
To serve our global community of learners, our teams tackle lofty technical challenges and design for use cases across cultures and languages. We work hard, act like owners, and collaborate every chance we get. We’re energized by the potential to power more learners through multiple approaches and various tools.
With offices in major cities around the world and ambitious plans for expansion, we remain grounded in our commitment to our mission of helping people learn. We’re looking for new team members who crave a challenge and want to help us continue amplifying our impact. If you’d like to learn more, reach out at [email protected] or visit our careers page.
About The Team:
The Quizlet User Operations team helps students and teachers use our products successfully while working to encourage a user-centered culture at Quizlet. We support a global user base of students and teachers who rely on Quizlet to power their learning.
We are seeking a Policy Enforcement Manager to run the implementation and enforcement of Trust and Safety policies with users on Quizlet. In this role, you will have an opportunity to help shape policy in partnership with stakeholders while being fully responsible for the day-to-day policy enforcement operations. This area of operations includes direct user support via email on topics related to T&S, content moderation, and other compliance- and safety-related tasks. All of these activities promote user safety and positive user experiences while maintaining compliance with external and internal standards.
This role will report to the Senior Director of User Operations while working closely with the Support Operations Manager on procedures and vendor resourcing. Additionally, the Policy Enforcement Manager will partner with the Trust and Safety team to align on the policies applied in the operations realm.
The Policy Enforcement Manager will play a central role in meeting current demands while building scalable solutions to address future needs. Data-driven decision making and planning are essential, along with the capacity to use good judgment and incorporate precedent.
This job offers flexible work modes and locations. You can be designated as fully remote or you can be based out of a Quizlet office in San Francisco or Denver.
- Triage and resolve inbound user support inquiries related to T&S
- Evaluate and handle escalated support inquiries and content moderation items through to resolution
- Oversee and train outsource vendor(s) where operations work is allocated
- Create and maintain documentation for training on operations process
- Identify trends to enhance team processes and improve efficiency
- Partner with the T&S team to become the subject matter authority within User Operations across domains including privacy, copyright, academic integrity, and user safety practices
- Partner cross-functionally with product development and T&S teams on creating and maintaining the tools and systems required to operate and achieve goals
- Demonstrate exceptional judgment in handling sensitive issues
- Own individual and team performance KPIs, setting clear targets and plans to ensure that goals are met
- 5+ years of experience in an operations role with experience directly supporting users/customers and handling escalated cases
- Past experience building subject matter expertise in a function, ideally in the realm of T&S in a consumer product environment
- Demonstrated success with enhancing processes with a bias for efficiency
- A mindset and skill set for recognizing and mitigating risk
- Proven ability to be adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity
- Self-directed with a knack for solving problems and getting things done
- Discrete and comfortable with sensitive material
- Able to travel on an as-needed basis to domestic and international destinations to manage and foster relationships vendors once work travel is reinstated.
Benefits and perks:
-Collaborate with your manager and team to create a schedule that ensures a high level of productivity (creating that ideal work/life balance)
-We offer 20 days of paid vacation (and we expect you to take them)
-We provide a monthly in home office stipend to employees while our teams are working remote for the COVID pandemic
-We’ll provide you with a laptop, top-notch benefits available to all fulltime Quizleters
Curious about our interview process?
-Meet with Recruiter
-Meet with Hiring Manager
-Meet with Potential Colleagues and Leadership
We strive to make everyone feel comfortable and welcome!
We work to create a holistic interview process, where both Quizlet and candidates have an opportunity to view what it would be like to work together, in exploring a mutually beneficial partnership.
We provide a transparent setting, that gives a comprehensive view of who we are!
We hope you are excited about everything you read so far. We highly encourage you to apply for this position, even if you feel you do not meet all the requirements. Quizlet is always looking for amazing folks that believe in our mission and can contribute to our team in various ways – not merely candidates that fit a certain mold.
We have a bias for action, take initiative, and hustle to deliver results. We make informed decisions whenever possible but are unafraid to take calculated risks on great ideas to promote learning. We embrace challenges and see effort as the path to mastery. We’re constantly seeking opportunities to learn and we embrace curiosity. Quality matters at Quizlet, and we hold the bar high on everything we do.We treat each other with honesty and respect, encourage vigorous debate, and seek critical feedback. We value diversity, humility, transparency, and collaboration as the best paths to our success — as individuals, as a team, and as a company.
Quizlet’s success as an online learning community depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are actively working to build a team that is representative of the diverse communities we serve, and an open, inclusive work environment where all employees can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer and a tech company committed to societal change, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Come join us!
To All Recruiters and Placement Agencies:
At this time Quizlet does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and/or profiles.
Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Quizlet employee. Quizlet will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm nor will it be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. All unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of Quizlet.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.