We’re looking for a Privacy Specialist to join our Security & Compliance team!
The Privacy Specialist will assist the Privacy Manager with the development, implementation, and ongoing management of Everlaw’s privacy program. You will interact with all levels of the organization and function as an integral team member in advancing the overall security, privacy and compliance program with respect to privacy-related policies, procedures, operational workflows, laws and regulations. Our ideal candidate is someone with operational privacy experience and exceptional attention to detail who is highly-organized and enjoys working in a collaborative environment.
If this sounds like a good fit, we’d love to hear from you! This is a full-time on-site position located in Oakland, California.
- Collaborate with senior Privacy team members to review and mitigate privacy and data protection risks in connection with Everlaw’s products, services, and offerings
- Help develop and manage internal controls relating to privacy and data protection legal and technical frameworks
- Lead team documentation of internal metrics and project tracking
- Collaborate with GRC team on projects related to ongoing compliance with data protection and privacy laws, and related requirements
- Establish and manage tools, guidelines and playbooks for operational privacy workflows including privacy impact assessments
- Support privacy third-party audits and examinations (e.g. HIPAA, GDPR)
- Work with internal teams to research and respond to privacy and data protection questions from staff
- Assist with regular privacy risk assessments, including organizing recurring meetings, reviewing and implementing process changes, business and/or support function procedures and internal controls, and assessment and/or development of internal documentation
- Provide input into ongoing management, content development and oversight of the privacy training program
- Educate and engage Everlaw employees across all teams about policies and processes and help drive privacy awareness and a culture of security and compliance across all Everlaw teams
- Demonstrated experience with technology and privacy controls and requirements throughout Europe and North America (e.g. GDPR, CCPA)
- Demonstrated experience developing processes for implementing privacy requirements like privacy impact assessment and data subject access and deletion requests
- Superb organizational skills and innate urge to document
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and issue resolution abilities
- Eagerness to work in a cross-functional role with the entire Everlaw team
- Strong self-directed work habits, exhibiting initiative, drive, creativity, maturity, self-assurance, and professionalism, and a love for details
- BA or BS at a minimum
- Authorization to work in the United States; please note that at this time, Everlaw is not sponsoring visas for any positions
- Project management experience
- Familiarity with security and compliance frameworks (e.g., AML, ABC, PCI, SOC 2, NIST, HIPAA)
- JD, CIPP or other relevant degrees or certifications may be useful
- Competitive salary
- Substantial equity
- 401k with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Paid parental leave and sick leave
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus ten bankable federal holidays
- Generous annual allocation for Learning & Development opportunities
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
- Reimbursement of bar membership
- Work in Downtown Oakland, just steps from the BART line and dozens of restaurants
- Select your preference of hardware (Mac or PC) and customize your desk setup
- Bond over team lunches and out-of-the-box events
- Voted one of “San Francisco Bay Area’s Best and Brightest Companies” and one of “Inc Magazine’s Best Workplaces“
We help law firms, government agencies, and corporations sift through millions of documents of evidence in big lawsuits and investigations to find the proverbial smoking gun (or needle in the haystack — pick your metaphor). It’s a multi-billion dollar space typically dominated by service-oriented vendors, and we’re coming at it with cutting-edge technology and elegant design. It’s working, and we’ve been growing very rapidly: we host hundreds of terabytes of data and work with all 50 state Attorneys General and hundreds of law firms on some of the most high-profile cases litigated today.
If you’re looking for an open, democratic company culture that values passion, integrity, and a desire to learn, we want to hear from you.
Everlaw is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law. We respect the gender, gender identity and gender expression of our applicants and employees, and we honor requests for preferred pronouns. It is our policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.