Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that’s transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Legal, Policy, Trust & Privacy teams help keep users and their stuff safe, protect Dropbox, counsel Dropboxers on challenging problems, and are always synced with the Dropbox teams they work with. We deal with novel issues every day while standing up for users and helping the company and product grow.
As Product Counsel, you’ll have a broad range of responsibilities and will have the opportunity to be deeply involved in our product development and launch cycles. We’re looking for someone to partner closely with our product and business teams. You’ll have immediate impact with your substantive knowledge, analytic rigor, sophisticated judgment, effective communication skills, and ability to get things done. If you love a challenging, fun, team-focused and fast environment, then this is the place for you.
- Advise technical and business development teams on legal risk from the initial stages of product development, through launch, to market strategy.
- Partner closely with key cross-functional teams across Dropbox including Engineering, Product, Design, Privacy, Security, and Marketing.
- Manage internal projects, processes, trainings, and drive cross-functional efforts to successful completion.
- Take ownership of important issues and decisions and see them through.
- Experience with and passion for data privacy, security, intellectual property law, consumer protection issues in the digital environment, platform liability, marketing and advertising law, and information policy.
- Experience counseling product development and working closely with designers, engineers, and product management.
- Experience counseling and implementing go-to-market strategies.
- Excellent writing, communication, verbal and written, and organizational skills.
- Eager to learn new technologies and ideas. Comfortable navigating complicated and nuanced issues.
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work well in fast paced team environment.
- 4+ years legal experience in a relevant setting.
- JD, admitted to the Bar, great academic record.
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
To apply for this job please visit www.dropbox.com.