Public Policy Manager, Asia-Pacific
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers. Every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
As LinkedIn’s Asia-Pacific (APAC) Public Policy Manager, you will be our representative in the region with a focus on Australia and Southeast Asia. Reporting to the APAC Public Policy Director, you will engage in public policy and economic issues, build government relationships and develop programs that bring to life how LinkedIn helps to create economic opportunity in APAC.
You will represent LinkedIn externally with policymakers, regulators, and other stakeholders, and manage our APAC public policy and economic opportunity initiatives. You will also work with a cross-functional team of LinkedIn employees and leaders across the company to promote our work, benefit our members, and accomplish our vision and mission.
- Develop a public policy and economic opportunity strategy that enables LinkedIn to pursue its vision, mission, and business strategy in APAC, with a focus on Australia and Southeast Asia.
- Become a LinkedIn ambassador and build constructive relationships with policymakers and other relevant stakeholders.
- Engage policymakers and influencers to highlight how LinkedIn is operationalising our platform insights and analysis through research partnerships and civic engagement projects. These projects and partnerships are designed to realise our vision of creating economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce.
- Monitor relevant legislation and regulation in APAC, particularly in Australia and Southeast Asia, and formulate strategies to help shape positive outcomes.
- Work closely with the APAC Public Policy Director to communicate with LinkedIn’s regional management on APAC public policy issues.
- Work with external trade associations to shape tech policy in APAC.
- Work with LinkedIn’s global and regional teams to ensure consistency and effectiveness in achieving our public policy goals.
- Build public policy programs related to tech policy and workforce development.
- 5+ years of experience within Public Policy in a Tech/ Digital environment
- Experience in the public policy space in Australia and Southeast Asia
- Broad experience in the public policy space in Australia and Southeast Asia, with a focus on technology and/or workforce development issues a plus
- Demonstrated ability to operate and succeed in multiple and diverse policy environments
- Demonstrated ability to partner and collaborate across a multinational organization
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.