The House of Representatives is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce.
The House Office of Diversity and Inclusion is seeking to hire a Research and Data Analyst. In this capacity the Analyst will be responsible for leading data and research collection and analysis for the Office of Diversity and Inclusion. This individual will lead the development of the required diversity report, maintain key metrics and key performance indicators for the Office, and serve as a resource for external and internal diversity best practices. This individual will also serve as the project manager for any consultants and/or contractors with whom the Office may engage to support the completion of the diversity report and to develop relevant diversity and inclusion-based training, in collaboration with the Congressional Staff Academy.
- This staffer will assist in the translation of research findings into materials that staff can effectively utilize in their engagements with Members and Member offices.
- Provide research support on diversity and inclusion studies, techniques and tools.
- Serve as project manager for the diversity report and, where necessary, direct and coordinate activities of external consultants.
- Research and study best practices for retention and growth in House employing offices.
- Lead data tracking and reporting with a focus on performance and results.
- Prepare regular updates and briefing documents on research that is relevant to House employing offices.
- Assist with the development and delivery of training sessions and, as needed, conduct presentations at professional conferences and meetings.
Master’s degree in social or behavioral sciences or related field; or equivalent level of experience providing technical assistance, data collections and/or research.
- Must have knowledge and experience in diversity, equity, and inclusion research efforts, ideally with a strong background in curriculum development. Current working knowledge of coalition functioning, evaluation and research.
- Quantitative and qualitative evaluation and research skills.
- Expertise using relevant software.
- Customer-service orientation and ability to work harmoniously with a diverse team.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and extra hours if needed on assignment.
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate, initiate project activities, and work on multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Extensive computer skills, including data input.
Interested candidates should send an email to [email protected] with “Research and Data Analyst” in the subject line and include a cover letter, resume, and a writing sample. Salary commensurate with experience $90 to $100K. Women, minority, veterans, people of all political ideologies, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. No phone calls or drop-ins please.
To apply for this job email your details to Diverse.House@mail.house.gov