World’s top think tank for science and tech policy. Expert analysis on innovation, IT, telecom, trade, energy, etc.
The Information Technology and Innovation Foundation (ITIF), the leading think tank for science and technology policy, based in Washington, DC, is seeking a research assistant for broadband policy issues. The ideal applicant will have a demonstrated interest in broadband policy, as well as exceptional writing and copyediting abilities. Individuals with a strong interest in Internet policy debates, including net neutrality, broadband competition, infrastructure regulation, and comparison of international broadband policy regimes are especially encouraged to apply. This position will report to ITIF’s director of broadband and spectrum policy.
- Assist in writing and conducting research for reports, regulatory filings, and op-eds.
- Provide research support (e.g., drafting literature reviews, collecting and analyzing data, checking sources, writing citations, preparing presentations, etc.).
- Attend and summarize hearings and events and track legislation and regulations.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree or equivalent experience in public policy, economics, political science, law, statistics, information science, computer science, or a related field.
- Demonstrated interest in technology and public policy.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent research, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Experience designing presentations and copyediting publications.
- Proactive and flexible, with an ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
Salary and benefits:
- Competitive salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience, and includes a health and retirement benefits package, generous paid vacation, annual performance-based bonus, and public transportation benefit.
To apply for this position, please submit the following to [email protected]:
- Cover letter stating your specific interest and qualifications for the position (1 page, max);
- Resume (1 page, max); and
- Writing sample, preferably on a topic related to broadband policy (2-5 pages max).
Applications will be considered until the position is filled. This posting was last updated August 26, 2021
To apply for this job please visit itif.org.