Indiegogo is where early adopters and innovation seekers find lively, imaginative tech before it hits the mainstream.
The Senior Corporate Counsel will manage Indiegogo’s legal efforts and to provide practical and sound legal advice and counsel to the management team in a variety of transactional, compliance, and corporate governance matters. The Senior Corporate Counsel will report directly to our VP of Finance and Operations.
- Be the most senior lawyer in the company working with and advising all of our business teams on strategic legal matters
- Define the legal policies of Indiegogo in a wide variety of areas including corporate matters, finance, licensing, intellectual property, employment and many other areas
- Draft, review and negotiate contracts across many areas of Indiegogo
- Partner with cross-functional teams to develop policies that ensure our platform remains trusted by our users
- Manage the legal effort on special transactions including financings, acquisitions and joint-ventures
- Manage outside counsel in specialty areas including Indiegogo’s global expansion and litigation
- Help Indiegogo navigate new legislation and regulations related to crowdfunding
- Provide practical legal and business advice regarding a wide variety of issues;
- Work without supervision, independently initiate new legal projects and identify ways to improve our processes and operations;
- Identify, propose and implement solutions to address issues;
- Take prudent risks within the context of our overall business;
- Exercise good judgment in all matters.
- J.D. from a top U.S. law school
- Member in good standing of the California Bar or be qualified to be registered in-house counsel with the California Bar Association
- 4+ years of relevant experience as a corporate attorney, including experience at a leading law firm
- Experience with laws related to fundraising, commerce and/or online transaction processing
- Previous in-house experience at a fast-paced high technology startup company as Senior Corporate Counsel or Corporate Counsel
Working at Indiegogo
At Indiegogo you’ll find a welcoming, supportive community that embraces collaboration, fearlessness and authenticity. We are a rapidly growing organization and our platform is used by people all over the world to raise money for their creative, cause-related, or entrepreneurial ideas. Our customers are passionate about funding their campaigns, and so are we! We are a team of committed, results-driven team-players who are lucky enough to be able to call “helping people achieve their dreams” work.
We offer competitive salaries, equity, benefits and perks. If you’re passionate about what we’re passionate about, we want to meet you. If this position sounds like a fit, please apply with your resume and a cover letter, explaining why you’re the right person for the role: www.indiegogo.com/about/careers.
Indiegogo is an equal opportunity employer and complies with the San Francisco FCO
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.