Tapjoy is a creative workplace, comprised of people with different backgrounds, cultures, skill sets, and global perspectives. With offices all over the globe, Tapjoy provides mobile engagement and monetization services for leading advertisers and app developers. Advertisers rely on Tapjoy’s diverse suite of rewarded Interplay™ ads including video and rich media to impact performance. Developers utilize our technology and mobile expertise to acquire and monetize users. The Tapjoy SDK is currently embedded in over 20,000 mobile apps, reaching 620 million monthly active users. Additionally, Tapjoy works with Fortune 500 brands and the Top 200 grossing app developers.
Here at Tapjoy, we promote a Joyful, Engaged, Trustworthy, and Innovative workplace with our company core values, and regularly celebrate and recognize the people who embody our values. Tapjoy believes its people are its greatest investments and we take extra care to support your time inside and outside of work with a multitude of benefits. In order to maintain what makes us so special here, we are committed to continued education and involvement in our community to protect and expand our one-of-a-kind workplace.
Tapjoy is expanding its in-house legal team by adding an experienced professional who thrives on variety.
Day to day, your to-do list will vary, with focus on commercial contracts, data privacy, employment, and corporate support tasks.
Bonus points for experience in mobile gaming, adtech, or both!
Position Title: Senior Counsel
- Draft, review, and negotiate commercial contracts in support of various business teams (demand side, supply side, adtech partnership, vendor, and more)
- Stay up-to-date on relevant data privacy, protection, and compliance laws and regulations
- Provide practical advice across the organization
- Help shape processes, templates, policies, and workflows to drive growth and improve efficiency. Then, iterate!
- Act as a resource for HR partners
- Provide domestic and international corporate support
Core Competencies include:
- Substantial understanding of privacy, data security and commercial laws or willingness to learn
- Fluency translating legal advice into actionable guidance for product and business teams
- Excellent attention to detail with good organizational skills
- Strong communication skills — able to explain thoughts in writing and in person
- Sound and practical business sense (and common sense)
- Team player, with strategic mindset
- J.D. from an accredited law school
- California Bar admission
- 5 to 8 years of experience (combination of in-house and law firm) in relevant subjects, such as tech transactions, privacy, licensing, employment, corporate, M&A, or other transactional work
Tapjoy is a one-of-a-kind workplace, comprised of people with different backgrounds, cultures, skill sets and global perspectives. In order to maintain what makes us so special here, we support work-life balance both inside and outside the office in many ways.
If you want to learn about building an amazing team with industry-leading technology, you want to surround yourself with brilliant, passionate entrepreneurial teammates at Tapjoy.
Tapjoy is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion lead to stronger, more innovative teams and better business results; we want to draw from the broadest talent pool possible and encourage qualified applicants. Tapjoy does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, color, age, sexual orientation, gender (including identity and expression), disability (mental or physical), religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification protected by applicable law; we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, and pursuant to applicable fair chance ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For more information, please visit www.tapjoy.com.
To apply for this job please visit careers.jobscore.com.