We’re a bridge between tech hubs like Silicon Valley and DC, advancing market-oriented ideas for a more perfect union between policymakers and innovators.
Lincoln Network was founded in 2014 with a mission to help bridge the gap between Silicon Valley and DC, advancing a more perfect union between technology and the American republic. We believe in a world of free people and competitive markets, and that fostering a robust innovation ecosystem is crucial to creating a better, freer, and more abundant future. We see our value proposition in cross-pollination, network building, and translation between groups that don’t speak the same language. Our work includes helping innovators understand the policy world, and bringing the voices of founders, technologists, and entrepreneurs into policy conversations.
To help advance this mission, Lincoln Network is seeking to hire a Senior Fellow or Director for their policy team to work on a range of policy issues related to competition in digital markets, such as online platform regulation, strengthening the venture capital ecosystem, interoperability, web3, intellectual property, and more.
This role will work closely with Lincoln Network’s Executive Director and will be responsible for producing original research and commentary, organizing policy events and convenings, and other work supporting the Lincoln team. This person will also have the opportunity to build out this program area, with considerable research independence, and freedom to allocate their program budget (consistent with Lincoln’s broader goals and mission).
This is a full-time position, preferably located in Washington, DC. Exceptional candidates who live in other areas will also be considered. This position will work from a co-working space or remotely.
- Produce original research papers, commentary, regulatory comments, and other content that address relevant issues in this policy space.
- Manage fellows, junior staff, contractors, and outside experts to produce high-quality research and commentary.
- Work with Lincoln’s operations team to plan and execute Hill briefings, conferences, policy forums, salon dinners, and other activities.
- Domestic travel 2-4 times per quarter. This includes biannual staff retreats with the full Lincoln team, as well as conferences and events. Key regions for Lincoln programming include Miami, San Francisco, San Jose, and Austin.
- Enthusiastic support for the Lincoln Network’s mission, unique approach to policy, and market-oriented values.
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated, and able to work effectively in a fast-paced and horizontally-organized work environment. Highly refined communication skills, both written and verbal, in order to communicate complex ideas through both traditional and social media forms.
- Highly organized and able to consistently meet deadlines and produce deliverables.
- Strong competency with academic writing best practices, ethical norms, and style. Past publication history in policy journals and top national media outlets.
- Proficiency with common business software applications like Office and Google Docs.
- Applicants should have substantial work experience in this field and deep subject matter expertise in relevant laws, regulations, and jurisprudence.
- A law degree or graduate degree in economics is preferred but not required. Technical skills or background in the tech industry is a plus.
Benefits and Perks Include
- Robust benefits package including health/dental/vision insurance, 401K match, professional development allowance, tax-advantaged bonus structure, and more.
- Highly flexible work schedule in a remote-office environment (or co-working space) as well as an unlimited vacation policy.
To apply, qualified candidates should submit the following materials: (1) Resume (one page preferred); (2) Informal cover letter describing your interest in Lincoln Network’s mission; (3) two writing samples, one op-ed length (500-800 words), one paper-length (3000+ words).
Lincoln Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.