Making the future is everyday life at Samsung. We’re seeking innovators who are called to not just change the world, but build a better one. We make the best technology hardware on the planet, but our best is always a prototype for something better and our people thrive with a driven mindset – better builds on
Role and Responsibilities
Purpose and Scope
- Supporting Samsung’s businesses to monitor, engage with, advocate before, and build and maintain strong relationships with the Consumer Product Safety Commission (“CPSC”), Federal Trade Commission (“FTC”), Food and Drug Administration (“FDA”), National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration (“NHTSA”), Federal Aviation Administration (“FAA”), the Department of Justice (“DOJ”), and other Federal and state agencies that regulate privacy, product safety, product repair, antitrust, and other aspects of consumer protection policy, as well as relevant Congressional oversight committees.
Skills and Qualifications
Necessary Skills / Attributes:
- Background and experience in engaging with at least one, and preferably more, of the following government actors: FTC, CPSC, FDA, NHTSA, FAA, Treasury, or their Congressional oversight committees.
- Excellent writing and communication skills (writing sample will be evaluated).
- Excellent oral communication skills; experience in advocacy and public speaking (e.g., presentations or vocal participation in conferences and industry meetings).
- Detailed knowledge of areas of regulatory policy, law, and relevant political considerations within the position’s scope.
- Technical literacy and capability to understand technical issues affecting Samsung device plans and businesses (engineering ability is not required, but skill in communicating with both lawyers and engineers is a must).
- Education and experience: advanced degree (J.D. or Master’s) in law, technology, or policy is highly preferred; minimum twelve years’ relevant experience is required.
* Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit sec.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.