With your community by your side, there’s no telling where your next small steps could lead.
Our vision is to create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce, and aligning to our vision is the ongoing development of the world’s first Economic Graph. The Global Public Policy team is comprised of regional policy leads, policy analysts, researchers, economists, and data analytic experts, all of whom are working to advance our mission through partnering with governments, multilaterals, third-party organizations, non-profits, and policy-making stakeholders around the world. We are looking for a passionate, authentic, and dynamic senior manager to support our policy and government relations engagement across the United States.
The ability to work as part of a team that influences the world’s leading policymakers and government leaders through the use of its labor market insights and data makes this a once-in-a-career opportunity.
As a Senior Manager for U.S. Policy and Economic Graph, you will be responsible for the following duties, in addition to working with a global cross-functional team of leading experts in the future of work and tech policy space.
- Support U.S. Head of Public Policy & Economic Graph on regulation, legislation and proposals in the digital and tech policy space.
- Actively monitor relevant policy and regulatory proposals.
- Help inform, formulate and implement strategies to shape outcomes.
- Engage proactively with policymakers and influencers to highlight LinkedIn’s impact on the economy and its vision of creating the world’s first economic graph.
- Represent LinkedIn and communicate policy priorities to policymakers and key external stakeholders.
- Work with trade associations, industry partners and external stakeholders to promote and build support for LinkedIn.
- Work with cross-functional partners within the Economic Graph, Legal, and communications teams, and other business lines, to share insights and support the thought-leadership of our team.
- Prepare and deliver communications about policy developments and engagement plans for senior management.
- Work closely with LinkedIn’s global and regional teams to ensure consistency, coordination, and effectiveness in achieving our U.S. public policy and government affairs goals.
- Create, submit and support internal archival and resource processes for capturing data, notes and briefs.
- 7+ years of experience with tech policy and workforce systems.
- Experience working in the technology sector or related sector.
- Experience with a federal, state, or local government agency or organization.
- Understanding of the federal policy-making process.
- Strong industry knowledge of digital and tech policy; specifically, competition, CDA 230, privacy, and future-of-work issues.
- Experience having worked in the House, the Senate, or a federal agency with relevant jurisdiction.
- Experience working in the technology industry with an understanding of the core tech policies.
- Ability to communicate with external partners about the policy priorities of the team.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with a talent for turning complex issues into ones that are easily understood by a broader audience.
- Experience working in a highly cross-functional and dynamic environment.
- Self-motivated, execution-oriented and strategic; ability to execute at a high level of quality in a fast-paced, complex environment.
- Ability to create compelling presentations and confidently convey insights through storytelling.
- Results-driven and detail-oriented.
- Excellent sense of humor, flexible by nature, comfortable with ambiguity.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.