Open Markets. Open Systems. Open Networks.
State Policy Director
Location: Washington, DC
CCIA seeks an experienced policy expert to oversee and expand the Association’s advocacy on policy matters in the nation’s states. The State Policy Director will be responsible for advancing the Association’s mission and the interests of Association members in state capitals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Tracking and prioritizing state regulatory and legislative action.
- Coordinating with member companies to devise and implement strategies for appropriate engagement on key policy issues.
- Building and maintaining relationships with state policymakers and political officials to inform policy processes and facilitate the development of sound technology policy.
- Identifying, retaining, and managing local consultants, retainers, and other experts as needed.
Minimum Qualifications: Four years relevant work experience in economic or policy analysis at the state level. Backgrounds in technology-oriented government, policy, think tanks/non-profits, trade associations, and/or international institutions or other relevant business experiences are sought.
Candidates must possess excellent communication skills, including persuasive and analytical writing, and public speaking.
The ideal candidate will also possess:
- Broad substantive knowledge of technology policy, including the state and local landscape.
- Self-starting personality, strong organizational and project management skills, and prior experience managing teams.
- Willingness to interact with and work with the media.
- Graduate degree in public policy, government, economics, law, or equivalent.
- Familiarity with the products and services of CCIA member companies.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
To apply: Applicants are directed to send a cover message, resume and/or CV, salary requirements, and a relevant writing sample to [email protected]. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered and will receive responses.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org