Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Public Policy and Government Relations (PPGR) Team reports to Argo’s General Counsel. PPGR coordinates with relevant internal teams to develop strategic policy priorities and execute advocacy strategies in furtherance of them. Our team also advises — in collaboration with other colleagues in the Office of General Counsel — the company on policy implications to current and future anticipated Argo operations. In general, PPGR serves as Argo’s liaison to policymakers at all levels of government. We are a tight-knit, dynamic team that focuses on creative thinking and strategic execution. Further, we value a commitment to cross-functional collaboration across our company to ensure we deliver results that support Argo as a whole. PPGR has subteams focused on international and state and local affairs; we’re looking for someone to lead our federal affairs team, grow and manage it over time, effectively represent our company, and deliver for it.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll lead Argo’s engagement with all applicable bipartisan federal policymakers (i.e., Congress and the Administration) and be expected to maintain strong relationships with them
- You’ll report to the Director of Public Policy and Government Relations and work closely with cross-functional teams (e.g., including, but not limited to, the Legal, Compliance, Communications, Fleet Operations, and Product Teams) at Argo to understand and develop Argo’s strategic policy and engagement priorities, as well as lead in their execution
- You’ll work closely with your colleagues on Argo’s State and Local Affairs and International Teams to ensure alignment on messaging and strategy
- You’ll lead Argo’s participation where federal affairs are concerned in a number of trade associations, as well as manage a team of federal consultants
- You’ll represent Argo in external speaking engagements and also serve as the main source of truth for federal policy and political matters internally, with regular contact with Argo’s Global Leadership Team.
- You will be a leading participant in setting the Public Policy and Government Relations Team’s Operational Key Results (OKRs) and delivering on them
- Over time, you will build and lead a federal affairs team
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Minimum of 5-10 years of federal government experience (Congress and/or Administration) or similar length responsible for federal affairs at a private company or trade association
- Strong understanding of legislative and regulatory processes, as well as the ability to engage effectively in both to deliver on company strategic policy priorities
- Strong understanding of the federal policy issues important to Argo and the broader self-driving industry, including technology, telecommunications, transportation, and others
- Ability to think creatively, act strategically, and deliver quick results on multiple projects
- Strong bipartisan network of federal contacts and the ability to grow and maintain those relationships over time
- Strong preference for and ability to perform cross-functional work
- Demonstrated ability to grow and lead a team over time
- Strong ability to represent Argo individually, as well as to develop consensus and lead participation in trade associations and leverage/manage consultants
Nice to haves:
- Direct experience with congressional committees of jurisdiction or federal agencies relevant to Argo strategic policy priorities
- Prior experience in the self-driving industry
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply for this job please visit www.argo.ai.