Job ID: 1654366
The Alexa Trust & Safety team is looking for an entrepreneurial, analytical, and independent policy leader with excellent judgment to join our Trust and Safety team with a specific focus on data policy and privacy. The Alexa Trust Policy Principal will work horizontally across the Alexa org and with our product, operational, and technical teams to build, apply, and communicate privacy policies for Alexa products and features. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated and experienced individual contributor comfortable with working in a distributed and matrixed organization. The role requires fast-paced research and crisp writing that can convey critical analysis of the scale and scope of policy options available. An ideal candidate will have worked in privacy and data policy in areas and industries with a high degree of ambiguity and complexity, will be comfortable driving highly visible policy decisions on tight timeframes and will have experience working on issues with global impact.
About the hiring group
The Alexa Trust & Safety team is part of the larger Alexa Trust organization. We oversee policy development for Alexa, this includes privacy & data policy, policy for Alexa Skills, appropriate content policy and ethics.
· Define, drive, and evolve our privacy approach for new Alexa products and features, particularly for new business initiatives, working with other internal privacy and compliance teams and product leaders.
· Build scalable application of Alexa privacy policies and with commensurate compliance mechanisms.
· Work with product and tech teams to establish and expand internal privacy policies for new data types and data handling lifecycle including collection, access/use, storage, retention/deletion, and other Amazon teams.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to project manage with emphasis on prioritization and multitasking; ability to adapt to a fast moving environment.
· Excellent team player with ability to maintain strong internal and external relationships.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required; JD, MPP or Advanced Degree a plus.
· Experience working with consumer technology brands that have global impact, presence, and scale.
· Comfort with public speaking and presentations and in communicating with external stakeholders.
· Must have a high degree of comfort with ambiguity and uncertainty.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.