We are hiring a software developer to join our team at Austin Transportation Data & Technology Services. We’re looking for someone who is curious, hard-working, and excited to leverage modern technologies and practices to build high-quality government products.
What will you do?
- You’ll work closely with other software developers and product managers, building and deploying user stories in agile fashion.
- You’ll participate in two week sprint cycles and sprint planning meetings where your work will be recognized and you’ll receive immediate feedback from end users and stakeholders.
- You’ll collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams of transportation engineers, city planners, systems analysts, and software developers.
- You’ll set standards for future technology projects at ATD (e.g. coding style guides, linting, Continuous Integration and Delivery).
- You’ll refactor frontend and/or backend code, with an eye towards stability and long-term maintainability.
- You’ll contribute to open source software projects using Github for collaboration and code review.
What we’re looking for…
- Professional experience writing code for software applications and services
- Demonstrated ability to work with and support cross-functional project teams
- Ability to evaluate languages, frameworks, and tools to solve problems while minimizing the accumulation of technical debt
- Ability to quickly become familiar with emerging technologies
Ready to apply?
Apply for this job via austincityjobs.org by Sunday, June 13th. https://www.austincityjobs.org/postings/89163