Website Center for AI Policy
Policy & advocacy to mitigate catastrophic risks from future AI
About the role
We are looking for an AI Policy Analyst with experience in political strategy, lobbying, and/or advocacy.
As an AI Policy Analyst, you would work with the founder and other core team members to develop and implement our legislative strategy. Depending on your skills, this could entail a combination of research to inform policy priorities, turning broad ideas into actionable policy, identifying key stakeholders and allies, and managing relationships with Congressional offices. The goal is ensuring we’re successfully pushing for meaningful AI policy.
We are currently hiring for full-time and part-time roles.
The annual salary range for this role is $80,000 – $120,000, depending on experience.
We’re open to two types of candidates: someone who will excel at the thinking aspects of policymaking or someone who excel at the people parts of policymaking – or both! An ideal candidate would have several of the following traits:
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- understands DC and the policymaking process
- thinks well about what we should be pushing for, considering the constraints of AI risk and/or political reality
- can help create a political strategy
- can understand and work with a diverse set of stakeholders