LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
The LinkedIn Legal & Public Policy Team is seeking a versatile and enthusiastic Commercial Contracts Lawyer. Based from Chicago, Illinois you primarily support our North American business in driving continued growth. Our Team consists of legal professionals and paraprofessionals with diverse backgrounds and skill sets who set an extremely high bar for provision of legal services. If you like smart, funny and motivated people who do not take themselves too seriously, you will fit in well with our Team! We seek an agile, self-motivated team player with the ability to earn the confidence and trust of your clients and business partners, drive commercial negotiations and identify and resolve legal and business issues.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial agreements for LinkedIn’s business in line with company standards.
- Collaborating with LinkedIn’s Deal Desk, Finance, Product, and other cross-functional teams on internal approvals to ensure sales transactions are consistent with internal corporate policies and processes.
- Creating leverage by identifying scalable ways to deliver legal services and drive business results: if you see a better way doing something, identify and implement it.
- Teaming with other LinkedIn attorneys and paraprofessionals to optimize support to the business.
- Helping to educate the business teams on contractual, regulatory and compliance issues affecting the sales cycle.
- Partnering with other functional teams in helping to scale the integration of newly-acquired companies into the LinkedIn contracting process.
- Helping to drive our legal pro bono efforts in region.
- J.D. from an ABA accredited law school
- 2+ years’ experience practicing as an attorney
- Experience in commercial and technology transactions
- A proven understanding of general commercial contracting and intellectual property law principles.
- Experience working with a social media or cloud services platform company is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with government contracts, EU data protection law and other privacy regimes a plus.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate with cogency & empathy.
- Impeccable integrity, good judgment and well-honed analytical skills.
- Ability to see the big picture and help scale legal support of a rapidly growing company.
- A sense of humor!
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.