Open Markets. Open Systems. Open Networks.
Director of Research & Economics
Location: Washington, DC
CCIA seeks an entrepreneurial, empirically-driven policy expert to direct the Association’s research agenda. The director of research and economics will divide their time between conducting research relevant to the Association’s mission and managing research initiatives sponsored by the Association.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Advancing the Association’s mission and members’ policy agenda by devising and implementing a holistic research agenda to inform relevant policymaking.
- Independently conducting and publicizing research pertaining to policy issues within the Association’s policy focus.
- Overseeing and managing third-party research initiatives supported by the Association.
- Cultivating and managing relationships with third party experts to facilitate the Association’s research activities.
- Educating policymakers and the public about empirical findings of relevant research, and ensuring that Association advocacy is supported by empirical evidence.
Minimum Qualifications: Four years relevant work experience in economic or policy analysis. Backgrounds in technology-oriented government, policy, think tanks/non-profits, trade associations, and/or international institutions or other relevant business experiences are sought.
Candidates must possess excellent communication skills, including persuasive and analytical writing, and public speaking, and a demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects.
The ideal candidate will also possess:
- Broad substantive knowledge of economics and technology policy.
- Self-starting personality, strong organizational skills, and prior experience managing teams.
- Willingness to interact with and work with the media.
- Experience in government, government relations, or public policy pertaining to international competition and regulatory policy and practices.
- Graduate degree in public policy, government, economics, law, or equivalent.
- Familiarity with the products and services of CCIA member companies.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
To apply: Applicants are directed to send a cover message, resume and/or CV, including relevant publications, research and scholarship, salary requirements, and a relevant writing sample to [email protected]. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered and will receive responses.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org