About the Position
The Executive Vice President (EVP) and Managing Director is responsible for the overall operation and management of the Internet Society Foundation Organization, including the effective administration of operations, successful leadership and professional growth of staff, and correct and timely reporting to the board and community. The EVP and Managing Director leads the following departments operated by the Foundation in support of the Internet Society: Philanthropy, Fundraising, Content and Marketing Communications and Empowerment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieve the annual plans as approved by the board.
- Lead the organization in fulfilling its mission and strategic plans.
- Oversee staffing, people and culture, ensuring overall professional growth and performance of the staff.
- Responsible for developing annual plans in consultation with the CEO.
- Responsible for the internal operations and programs of the organization including financial, and legal needs to ensure successful delivery of mission and plans.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires a minimum of 15+ years total work experience in related industries and a minimum 10+ years executive and senior management experience in a global environment. Non-Profit organizational leadership is a plus.
- Track record of leading organizations and enhancing their effectiveness, especially in a global and complex work environment.
- Established leadership, people management skills, initiative, and innovation in guiding teams through transitions and change
- Demonstrated executive leadership, vision, strategic thinking and ability to understand and work with a variety of cultural norms.
- Previous experience gaining the trust of the board and a broad community while building enduring relationships across a vibrant international community.
- Established management capabilities including budget development and management, people and staffing skills as well as the ability to handle and prioritize numerous projects concurrently.
- Strong knowledge of IT, strong computer skills and familiarity with electronic communication applications and tools.
- Excellent interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills in English; Proficiency in another language(s) is a plus.
- Demonstrated integrity and professionalism and confidentiality.
- Commitment to the organization’s mission, values, goals and objectives.
- Competent political and interpersonal savvy to effectively navigate and deliver results in a complex environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. A Master’s degree is highly desirable.
- International travel up to 30-40% may be required
To apply for this job please visit internetsociety.bamboohr.com.