Job ID: V8338
TikTok’s mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy to people around the world. We’re currently looking for a dynamic and seasoned policy communications professional to join our fast-paced global communications team. In this role, you’ll take a leadership role in defining and implement strategic policy comms programs – with a focus on content, trust and safety, privacy, and policy – that help educate key stakeholders and support the needs of the policy and government relations teams. You’ll also develop and drive narratives that promote: 1) our commitment to creating a safe and welcoming space for all people who use our app, and 2) our broader societal role and responsibility to our creators, brand partners, and the TikTok community.
We’re looking for a seasoned communications professional with a passion for tech policy and a proven ability to easily distill and communicate complex safety, regulatory, and tech policy issues. You should have experience navigating and a deep understanding of the European political landscape as it relates to both challenges and opportunities for technology companies. The ideal candidate has excellent leadership skills and can collaborate with ease across teams around the globe. You’re good at connecting the dots. You work well under pressure, thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, and you’re able to respond to a range of situations with empathy and a people-first mindset.
– Drive strategic communications plans and programs that advance policy priorities, including reactive and proactive communications and outreach
– Develop strategies for engaging with and educating policymakers around issues important to TikTok and our community
– Manage reactive communications for policy and regulatory issues
– Engage regularly with media, industry, and other stakeholders
– Prepare spokespeople for media interviews, regulatory meetings, and public appearances
– Work in close collaboration with public policy, legal, and safety teams in particular, providing communications counsel and support, to ensure message accuracy and consistency
– Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders on policy matters to help guide communications on the development of products, services and policies to ensure message accuracy and consistency
– 10+ years of communications/public affairs experience
– Excellent strategic, analytical, and verbal communication skills
– Works well under pressure and is motivated in a fast paced environment
– Deep understanding of and passion for tech policy
– Established relationships with tech, business, and policy media
– Ability to take initiative; motivated and self-starting
– Minimum BA or BS degree required
– Portuguese proficiency a plus
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We believe individuals shouldn’t be disadvantaged because of their background or identity, but instead should be considered based on their strengths and experience. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
Bytedance is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to us at [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit careers.tiktok.com.