Rep. Ro Khanna (CA-17) seeks a Legislative Assistant to help advance the Congressman’s economic justice and tech policy priorities including job creation, raising the minimum wage, and expanding tech opportunities to communities of color, and rural, low-income, and other left-behind communities.
*Please submit the requested information below by May 1st at noon Eastern. Please include no more than 150 words for each question below.*
The Legislative Assistant would manage a portfolio of economic policy, labor, financial services including housing, taxes, small business, internet/tech privacy, antitrust, and/or other judiciary issues that may be tailored to the candidate’s expertise. The Legislative Assistant would also staff the member for his work on the Oversight Committee and Government Operations Subcommittee, and serve as his Congressional Asian Pacific American Caucus (CAPAC) liaison for his role as the Co-Chair of the CAPAC Economic Development Taskforce.
You could be a great fit if you:
– Are inspired to end poverty, expand wealth generation opportunities for the working-class, and grapple with big questions like how to ensure that every American has a voice in the tech revolution
– Love to dive deep into the details and on a daily basis distill policy wonkery into succinct talking points that can be useful to the member for both communications and legislative purposes
– Have experience working on at least one of the issue areas referenced above and are excited to take on new issue areas
– Have experience working with grassroots activists and connections to progressive groups working in these policy spaces – Have exceptional rapid response writing and communication skills
– Have at least 2 years of Capitol Hill legislative experience or the equivalent–this is not an entry-level position
– Are excited about the prospect of serving a diverse district rich in many different immigrant and diaspora communities, and the only Asian-American majority district in the continental U.S.
– Bay Area or California ties are a plus
– Due to the volume of applications we receive, we will only contact you if we decide to move forward with your application. Please no calls, direct emails, or walk-ins.
The Office is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. The office does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national or social origin, age, disability, military status, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law, in any of its activities or operations.
Job Description & Application: https://airtable.com/shro7e3dFgjyE8hA0
To apply for this job please visit airtable.com.