We’re a bridge between tech hubs like Silicon Valley and DC, advancing market-oriented ideas for a more perfect union between policymakers and innovators.
Lincoln Network was founded in 2014 with a mission to help bridge the gap between Silicon Valley and DC, advancing a more perfect union between technology and the American republic. We believe in a world of free people and competitive markets, and that fostering a robust innovation ecosystem is crucial to creating a better, freer, and more abundant future. We see our value proposition in cross-pollination, network building, and translation between groups that don’t speak the same language. Our work includes helping innovators understand the policy world, and bringing the voices of founders, technologists, and entrepreneurs into policy conversations.
To help advance this mission, Lincoln Network is seeking to hire a Research Director and Senior Fellow for its policy research team, focused on a range of policy issues related to tech policy such as online platform regulation, privacy, competition, interoperability, Web3, and more.
This role will work closely with Lincoln Network’s leadership team. Primary responsibilities will include producing original research and commentary and overseeing internal research production. Secondary responsibilities will include organizing new policy events and convenings with the events team, engaging with the media, and otherwise supporting the work of the policy team.
This person will have the opportunity to build out their policy work with considerable research independence, as well as freedom to allocate their program budget (consistent with Lincoln’s broader goals and mission).
This is a full-time position, preferably located in Washington, DC, but open to other areas. This position will work from a co-working space or remotely.
- Produce original research papers, commentary, regulatory comments, and other content that address relevant issues in this policy space.
- Manage fellows, junior staff, contractors, and outside experts to produce high-quality research and commentary.
- Work with Lincoln’s operations team to plan and execute Hill briefings, conferences, policy forums, salon dinners, and other activities.
- Domestic travel 2-4 times per quarter. This includes biannual staff retreats with the full Lincoln team, as well as conferences and events. Key regions for Lincoln programming include Miami, San Francisco, San Jose, NYC, and Austin.
- Enthusiastic support for the Lincoln Network’s mission, unique approach to policy, and market-oriented values.
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated, and able to work effectively in a fast-paced and horizontally-organized work environment. Highly refined communication skills, both written and verbal, in order to communicate complex ideas through both traditional and social media forms.
- Highly organized and able to consistently meet deadlines and produce deliverables.
- Strong competency with academic writing best practices, ethical norms, and style. Past publication history in academic policy journals and top national media outlets.
- Proficiency with common business software applications like Office and Google Docs.
- Deep subject matter expertise in tech policy, including laws, regulations, and jurisprudence. This might include areas such as free speech, online copyright, telecom, antitrust, digital privacy, etc.
- College degree in a related field (e.g. economics, politics, law, or STEM) is recommended but not required. Law degree (JD or LLM) is also preferred, but not required. Programming or statistical software skills are a plus.
- Applicants must have experience in this field and a portfolio of relevant research publications.
Benefits and Perks Include
- Robust benefits package including health/dental/vision insurance, 401K match, professional development allowance, annual performance bonus, and an unlimited vacation policy.
- Flexible work schedule in a remote-office environment (or co-working space).
- Annual compensation of $100-150K depending on experience.
To apply, qualified candidates should submit the following materials:
Resume (one page preferred).
Informal cover letter describing your interest in Lincoln Network’s mission.
Lincoln Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.