Placing computer scientists, engineers, and other technologists as tech policy advisors to Members of Congress.
As TechCongress’ Senior Manager, Operations & Finance, you will:
Lead day-to-day operations & finance for TechCongress, including:
- Maintain accurate financial and other records;
- Manage bills, payments, and reimbursement processes;
- Be the primary liaison to accountants and other vendors;
- Coordinate staff and contractor benefits and payroll;
- Manage annual audits and other financial compliance;
- Create regular budget reports;
- Maintain and evaluate insurance coverage and recommend changes as needed;
- Stay current on finance and tax-related laws and rules for nonprofits;
- Manage contracts, including terms, payments, etc;
- Train new staff, Fellows, and contractors on reimbursement procedures and other relevant operations policies;
- Support all activities of our fellowships, including recruitment, selection, orientation, placement, ongoing programming, and administrative needs.
Attributes and experience you bring to the role:
- An extraordinary attention to detail-you love to make sure things are in order and double- or triple-check for mistakes.
- An interest in learning and refining processes to better serve the needs of the organization.
- At least 3-5 years of nonprofit finance or bookkeeping experience, including payroll processing, budgeting, and reporting.
- Knowledge of legal and financial compliance for nonprofits.
- A degree or certificate in finance, administration, or a related field is preferred, but not required. Equivalent additional experience considered in lieu of this.
- An ability to work with people who offer diverse political perspectives.
- An interest in the mission, how Congress functions, and tech policy may make the work more interesting.
Note to applicants: imposter syndrome can prevent great candidates from applying for positions where they could succeed. We encourage you to apply if you think you would be great at this job, regardless of whether you meet all of the qualifications listed.
Aug 2 at 2:00AM GMT-4
$65,000-$75,000 /year, depending on experience.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
TechCongress values an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization thereby creating a culture that allows us to better serve our clientele, our employees, and our communities. We value and encourage the contributions of our employees and fellows and strive to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential and drive outstanding results.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment and fellowship, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination.
To apply for this job please visit techcongress.forms.fm.