The Blockchain Association (BA) is the unified voice of the digital asset industry in Washington, DC. We are the leading nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting a pro-innovation policy environment for the digital asset economy. Our members include the industry’s top companies, investors, and software developers working together to educate policymakers about blockchain technology and its ability to pave the way for a more secure, competitive, and consumer-friendly digital marketplace. Our mission is to forge consensus on key policy solutions among regulators, lawmakers, and the public so that the digital asset economy can flourish in the United States.
Role and Responsibilities
We are hiring two full-time Legal Interns for Summer 2022. Interns will have a unique opportunity to work on novel, complex, and exciting issues at the bleeding edge of digital asset law and policy. Interns will make meaningful, substantive contributions to BA policy team strategy and work product, and will develop valuable government affairs experience.
As a Legal Intern, you will:
– Report to BA’s Head of Policy and collaborate with BA staff across the organization
– Conduct legal research and draft memoranda analyzing legal and regulatory issues
– Assist in preparing policy reports, comment letters, court filings, and other materials
– Participate in administrative and legislative advocacy efforts and litigation initiatives
– Interact directly with BA members and other industry lawyers and stakeholders
Interns are expected to work full-time for a 10-week period starting June 6, 2022, but timing and duration are flexible. Interns may work from our Washington, DC office, remotely, or both. We are willing to make arrangements with law schools so that Interns can receive course credit. Interns who do not receive course credit will be eligible for a stipend of up to $8,000.
To qualify, you must:
– Be a current 1L or 2L student at an ABA-accredited US law school
– Have a strong, demonstrated interest in digital assets and blockchain technology
– Have excellent critical thinking, legal research, writing, and verbal communication skills
– Have outstanding attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills
– Be a team player who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced, creative environment
– Be a self-motivated, open-minded, respectful professional with a sense of curiosity
We also prefer if you have:
– The desire to pursue a career related to the digital asset industry after graduation
– A passion for protecting civil liberties such as freedom of speech and financial privacy
– Experience using digital assets and other blockchain technology, such as DeFi/Web3
How to Apply
To apply, please submit the following materials to [email protected]:
-Law school transcript
-List of three references
Please include “Summer 2022 Legal Internship” in your email subject line. Your cover letter should be limited to one page and describe your interest in digital assets and why you are qualified for this role. Your writing sample should reflect original legal research and analysis.
Qualified candidates will be asked to complete a brief timed writing exercise and interview with current BA staff. We encourage interested candidates to apply quickly; application review will begin immediately, and positions will be filled on a rolling basis.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.theblockchainassociation.org.