Join the Foundry
Advisors are established professionals (~5+ years in the field), academics, technologists, business leaders and prominent figures in technology policy and law who are committed to the mission of the Foundry.
Foundry Fellows are select early career professionals and students who run the Foundry. Foundry Fellows are chosen by current Fellows through a competitive application process. Foundry Fellowships allow Fellows to focus on demonstrating their passion for, and understanding of, Internet law and policy. Foundry Fellows gain a valuable network of Internet law and policy professionals and have the opportunity to work together to change the landscape of technology policy on a national and global scale.
Foundry Fellows are expected to be active participants in setting the strategy and operations of the Foundry, including:
- Serving on Foundry committees: Events, Admissions, Outreach, Content, and other committees that will develop over time.
- Organizing, participating in, and contributing to Foundry events. (More information on our past events here) Fellows can leverage the infrastructure of the Foundry including its partners, event spaces, the Foundry’s website and social media reach, membership and contact lists, and planning expertise.
- Providing content for the Foundry’s website and social media accounts. Check us out on Twitter.
- Outreach to the technology law and policy community, and to the tech community at large.
Fellows serve for a term of two years and receive complimentary admission to the Foundry’s public, fee-based events (if any) for the duration of their term. Fellows have access to private communication channels for networking and planning purposes, and participate in regular in-person or virtual planning meetings and can join the Foundry’s LinkedIn group to network with our larger community.
The Foundry is NOT currently accepting applications. Email [email protected] if you have any questions.
General Members are emerging professionals with a strong interest and/or background in technology law and policy and who are eager to engage in these issues through the Foundry. There is no cost to become a member of the Foundry, but members should have some kind of demonstrated background or interested in the field.
- Join a network of peers interested in similar issues (including the Foundry’s LinkedIn group)
- Attend Foundry events and receive updates on the Foundry’s work
- Receive discounts for attendance at Foundry’s public, fee-based events (if any).
- Hear first about jobs, internships and fellowships in technology law and policy
Advisors are established professionals (~5+ years in the field), academics, technologists, business leaders and prominent figures in technology policy and law who are committed to the mission of the Foundry. If you are interested in getting involved in an advisory capacity, please email us at [email protected]