Welcome back! This week, Reema sits down with Talha Baig, co-host of the Trust in Tech podcast and former AI Integrity engineer at Meta. Reema and Talha chat about developments in generative AI and how it affects trust and safety online and get into the weeds on how AI is applied in the integrity space – and the implications of AI on the integrity space itself.
Talha also describes how integrity engineers differ in function from other technical teams, and their relationship with the legal and policy world. They ponder the question: does trust and safety need a regulator? Then, they dig into the Trust in Tech podcast and what Talha is up to at the Integrity Institute.
Resources mentioned in the episode:
- Trust in Tech Podcast
- Ranking by Engagement: Tom Cunningham
- How Streaming Hurt Hollywood Writers: The Daily
- Mushtaq Khan on using institutional economics to predict effective government reforms: 80,000 Hours Podcast
- Happy City: Transforming Our Lives Through Urban Design by Charles Montgomery
- The Price of Peace: Money, Democracy, and the Life of John Maynard Keynes by Zachary D. Carter
Thanks for listening, and stay tuned for our next episode. And get ready for Foundry Trivia on June 12 in Washington D.C.!
DISCLAIMER: Reema engages with the Foundry voluntarily and in her personal capacity. The views and opinions expressed on air are not reflective of the organizations Reema is affiliated with.