We are excited to continue our Fellow Highlights series on the Tech Policy Grind! In this episode, Reema catches up with ILPF Class 4 President, Rikki George, on how her career started with investigating intellectual property infringements and has led her to overseeing a cyber war games program. Rikki and Reema also discuss the Foundry, its upcoming events, writing competition, and annual Hackathon.
Rikki is a Chicago-based cybersecurity practitioner with expertise in online brand protection, cyber war games, cyber threat intelligence and incident response preparedness. Her work often addresses advanced persistent cyberthreats (APTs), emerging cyberattack vectors and systemic risks to critical infrastructure. Outside of work, Rikki is a member of Women in Cybersecurity (WiCyS) and the Internet Society, as well as a mentor for the Global Cybersecurity Mentorship and Rainier Scholars (of which she is an alum). She will begin her Master of Science in Cybersecurity at Brown University this Fall and was recently named as a finalist for the 2022 Women in IT Awards USA in two categories – Next Generation Leader and Security Leader.
Learn about how to participate in the Foundry’s inaugural Policy Writing Competition here.
Resources Mentioned and Additional Resources:
- Darknet Diaries – https://darknetdiaries.com/; https://darknetdiaries.com/episode/
- Lawfare – https://www.lawfareblog.com/; https://www.lawfareblog.com/topic/lawfare-podcast
- CYBER (Vice) – https://www.vice.com/en/topic/cyber ; https://www.vice.com/en/topic/cyber-podcast
- This Is How They Tell Me the World Ends: The Cyberweapons Arms Race by Nicole Perloth – https://www.amazon.com/This-They-Tell-World-Ends/dp/1635576059
- Putin’s World by Angela Stent – https://www.amazon.com/Putins-World-Russia-Against-West/dp/1455533025