Welcome back to the Tech Policy Grind Podcast by the Internet Law and Policy Foundry. In this episode, Class 4 Fellow Emine Ozge Yildirim interviews Catherine Stihler, the CEO of Creative Commons.
We dive deep into the evolution of Creative Commons over 20 years, CC’s role as an organization, and the how and why of its mission to facilitate better sharing online. Further, we hear from Catherine on CC’s 20th year anniversary and what direction the organization is moving towards under her leadership. So, tune in for this discussion on some of the crucial yet controversial questions surrounding the open knowledge community and access to knowledge and culture.
Check out the resources mentioned in the episode here:
- Creative Commons Network: https://network.creativecommons.org/get-involved/
- Copyright Platform: https://network.creativecommons.org/cc-copyright-platform-activity-
- Open GLAM Platform: https://network.creativecommons.org/cc-openglam-platform/
- Open Education Platform: https://network.creativecommons.org/cc-open-education-
- CC Chapters: https://network.creativecommons.org/chapter/
- CC Open Minds Podcast: https://anchor.fm/creativecommons
If you would like to sponsor an episode or propose a guest for the show, get in touch: [email protected]
Furthermore, if you’d like to support the show, please donate to the Foundry here.
Finally, this episode’s transcript can be downloaded by clicking the “Download Transcript” link below the play button on this show’s episode page on the ILPF website, which you can find here: https://www.ilpfoundry.us/podcast/the-future-of-open-access-and-creative-commons-episode-6/